On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve 0x2a6 in Windows.
Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error 0x2a6 is still there.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Scan your computer for viruses.
Some viruses can cause error 0x2a6, especially ones that infect the master boot record (MBR) or boot sector.
Important: Make sure your virus scanning software is completely up to date and that it's configured to scan the MBR and boot sector.
Still can't Fix Error 0x2a6?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
I'm a technology specialist in a middle school. Many of the computers are not logging off properly. Whan a student goes to log off, the END PROGRM iexplorer.exe message pops up. Pushing End Now sometimes works, but most of the time the student walks away assuming the log off with finish up on their own. If no one pushing End Now, the dialog box finally goes away, but the computer does not proceed with the log ogg.
Hi Thank you for using Microsoft Windows Vista Forums. I will require some additional information to assist you better. Ø Which is the version of the Internet Explorer installed on your computer?
Method 1: Run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/8038f9ac-9bf9-4809-8d75-fc42818d8af71033.mspx#E1E Click on the link below to run Virus scan. http://safety.live.com/
Method 2: Follow the instructions below to check the issue in safe mode with networking 1. Turn the computer on or Restart the computer 2. Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
3. Ensure that the Safe mode with networking option is selected. 4. Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode with networking.
Method 3: Follow the instructions in the link below to perform Clean boot procedure. How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 After checking the issue, put the computer back to the Normal mode.
Method 4: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan which will help you in resolving the issue. To determine whether the issue that you are experiencing is caused by one or more system files that are used by Windows Vista, run the System File Checker tool. The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions. Follow the instructions in the link below to run SFC scan. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/ When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved. Please post back and let us know if this has helped to resolve your issue. Regards, KarthiK TP
Go to the Start button.
In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Reboot your computer.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: End Program iexplorer.exe:
How to Fix End Program iexplorer.exe with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.